Sunday 26 August 2012

Simplicity


After having a few mood problems over the last few weeks with our little one I decided that I would cut out lots of tv watching and sort through the toys and books we have.  I found after watching tv it was putting him in a bad mood and temper tantrums were happening a little bit too much for my liking and he seemed to have forgotten how to play with the toys he has.  Ok so it means I have had to occupy someone a little more but after a little bit of playing together he is now happy to play a bit by himself and I can get a bit of something else done.  It is amazing to see little changes happening so quickly - long may it last.  For a couple of days he has asked to watch tv but is now quite happy to go off and find something to play with when I say no and in fact today he hasn't even asked to watch tv.  He spent a long time this afternoon playing with my pegs that I use to hang the clothes on the line with - making them into models.  So we now have a few less books and less toys and we can see the wood for the trees.  Things are a little bit more age appropriate and a bit more open ended.  Things are being played with in a more imaginative way.  I hope I can cut down maybe a little bit more and I also plan to cut down on some of the things I own as well and not just put them out of sight but actually take them to the charity shop .  Clearing out is feeling really good like lightening the load and not feeling so bogged down.  I think this is going to be a on-going project that I will need to keep reviewing.

Hope you are having a good weekend.
Morag x

No comments:

Post a Comment